View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Don and I have been thinking about this for awhile. Let me put this question our there. If you could buy parts individually or groups of parts, kind of a "Build your own" kit, would there be interest?;

Example only:

Buy just the frame for $6300.00

or

Buy the Frame, steering rack, front upper & lower arms,(4) coil-over shocks,
front spindles, tie-rod ends (powder coated and set-up with brackets
for
IRS). $7995.00

You could then purchase the body or other parts off of a menu of items. You would still be able to buy the current packages as well.
Mike,
I think that if you offered this package as you stated it would be a big hit. Your chassis and body are very nice and very original IMHO and the workmanship is terrific. With your pricing scheme, you would be competitive with FFR and others while addressing the few knocks that people have with FFR- the non-original looking body and the chassis that is also not original but as close as most come to it for the price.

The only problem I could see with doing this however, is that you would have to ramp up production quickly because you would have a very popular product very quickly. I'm not sure that is a bad thing?
If that were to happen, I would consider being a West Coast distributor for D&D.

Bob