View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Some of the latest Mid-Ohio Details...

When I arrived at last nights meeting...15 minutes late (I drive the cobra), I was greeted by the regular beer swillin' club members....and 2 new guys. They were from Mid-Ohio...and stopped in to go over the event with us. It was their Senior Racing School Instructor, Tommy Byrne. Included in Tommy's bio are 5 Formula1 starts, More Indy Light wins than any driver, F-2000 champ, Formula 3 Champ, Formula Ford Champ, ...and the list goes on.

Anyway, Tommy has scripted a driving school specifically for our event and cars.

The event starts with cornering drills. He has segmented the track for specific instruction through each section. At each section, the student will learn the correct line and technique for that segment...then move on to another section. Everyone will go through this to become familiar with each part of the track before taking full laps. It's a baby-steps approach to learning the technical nuances without getting overwhelmed with info and challenges. After the cornering drills, we will go out for full laps in a lead-follow routine based on your skill level and the instructors discretion...At first on a short course...eventually leading up to the full course. Again, more baby steps.

At the meeting, Tommy checked out our Cobras in the parking lot. He gasped when he learned the power to weight ratio...his eyes got bigger as he filled with excitement and the gogs in his head started turning..to further refine and enhance our track experience in a fun and safe manner.

This is a new event for Mid-Ohio. It is hard to convey how excited they are to have us. This will be a Cobra only event...to keep it special and to maintain the high value, we are not opening this event to other clubs.

Get your cars in tip-top shape...this is gonna be a terrific event!!!

Last edited by rob frink; 05-25-2006 at 09:24 AM..