View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The 9" is nice, many of the later ones came with the smaller 8.8. The smaller unit is certainly fine and more than strong enough, just accentuating the positive aspects of the car. The hardtop and the AC are also really nice options. I'd say your Excal would be near the top of the food chain. I got $35K for mine, some time back, with less options AND 'needed some work'. I'd say yours is worth more than that today!

Of course the 'new' Excalibur is yet another 'replica' (add your own engine\trans) competing against a fairly large market supply of similar cars.

The 'real' original Excals are unique in that they were "Federally Approved". There actually listed in a special edition of "Kelly Blue Book" as to their value. When I sold mine the buyers Credit Union looked the car up in the 'Blue Book' to determine value to loan ratio. They can be insured and bank financed like any 'used car'. It's MUCH tougher to get bank financing\insurance for any other replica! I doubt we will EVER see a 'Federally approved' replica Cobra in the future by ANYBODY!

Assuming the 'smog' gear is in place you could register it in Calif just like any other 1995 car. In my opinion, that FACT alone increases the 'sale ability' of an Excal to a higher level. It would be worth it, for a Calif buyer, to return the car to original specs. The fact it COULD be Calif legal 'adds value' to ANY owner\seller\buyer because the Calif market potential is a HUGE factor come resale time. Something I would impress on a potential buyer regardless of what State he lived in.

Last edited by Excaliber; 06-03-2006 at 02:30 PM..