View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC Brock/Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 51, Roush 427IR, also full custom 600+ HP Austin Healey and Ferrari Daytona spyder
Not Ranked     

Here's another voice on the subject. Monetary investment, no. Pleasure investment, yes. I have a SPF coupe with an aluminum Roush 427IR (8 stack fuel injection) and a Tremex TKO600 5 speed tranny. I've been to Factory Five's factory and looked long and hard at their product before choosing the SPF. It's not that there is anything wrong with the Factory Five, there isn't. But, it is a kit car that you can make into one nice race car whereas the SPF is one righteous fine street car that you can drive in traffic, in weather and in comfort. Candidly the two cars don't compete. They are for different venues. Although you can aggressively put the SPF on the track, a like engined FF is much lighter and hence quicker. You can drive the FF on the street but you wouldn't want to take it on a long trip or in weather. SPF resale, like anything else, what the market will bear. I think that as the car becomes better known to the automotive public and demand builds, they will reasonably hold their value unless owners get tired of them and start dumping them. Either way, not a monetary investment.

As to the Viper and Z06 having to watch out, you got that right! Just slip yourself into one off these babies and be amazed how quick, fast, and responsive they are. I own/owned Ferraris and other hi-po cars. I've raced sports racers in the SCCA and all in all, bang for the buck, the SPF coupe is the closest thing to a race car that you'll find and want to drive on the street.