View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

Looks like an Arntz Cobra. Looking at the picture from the side I can tell you the top of your carb is about an inch lower than mine (mine has a plate under it about an inch thick for the nitrous foggers).

I have a scoop over mine that is the exact size and shape as one on an original 427 car, but it is mounted an inch farther back on my car (took close measurements from the CSX car, and hammered my scoop out of aluminum).

My hood has only a hole in it the diameter of a K&N stub stack which I have on my carb which sits just below flush with the top hood surface.

I use a piece of foam material that K&N sells as a 'prefilter' iside the hoodscoop to keep the large stuff and the bugs out. Not perfect, but not a terrible compromise.

The scoop :

There is a guy locally who has an Excalibur Cobra with a big block in it who has a large air filter on top of the hood as you propose, so It has been done before. I will with hold comment on how it looks.

This is unfortunately the only picture I have of it, when someone hid the car on him at a car show :

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)