View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Discretion is the better part of valor.....

Talked to Keith Craft this morning and I've shipped the heads back to him to get them fully checked out. I noticed a couple of things that were disturbing leading to this:
1. When the head was still on, there was water in the intake port, so I stuck a paper towel in there to soak up the water. When I removed it, water started filling up again. I thought it was coming through the valve from the cylinder, but on second thought it could have been running down into the port from a crack in the head wall.
2. There might be some slight warping of the head deck, but if so it's less than .008 based on the carpenter square and feeler guage I have.
3. I don't think the block is the issue

Keith said he'd had some prior experience with customers developing leaks in these Shelby aluminum heads in the past. But he said the good thing is that aluminum can be repaired. So back to the doctor's office they go. Will let you know what I find out from Keith.
Thanks!