View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I choose the Cobra because of excellent HANDLING as well as great performance, WITH an eye toward attainable price. Coupes and GT-40's are not within my budget, other wise, they would work well!

So my criteria would be, ALL cars considered:
1. Excellent handling.
2 GREAT performance.
3 Reasonable price (boy, theres a loaded one). OK, around $35K, $40 max! Thats a reasonable competitive price of a decent replica Cobra.

Dodge Viper, maybe one with a "Salvage Title" would be possible within budget. Lotus 7,or replica there of, comes to mind, in fact I've seriously considered one! Vette, any year? Maybe, but it's kind of 'ordinary'. Ferrari 308, the Quatra valve later model version? Cool, like Magnum PI drove! Nah to expensive to maintain, not practical enough. Jaguar XKE, the V-12 with 4 speed (NO, not that 2+2 version, yuck). BUT, does the XKE really cut it in the 'great' handling category? Tough call...

Old school thoughts;
Road Runners, Mustangs, GTO's, Barracuda, AMX, come to mind. Possibly an Avanti? OH wait, Studebaker HAWK, those were cool! '56 T-Bird, jacked up in the rear, modern small block, American racing mags, wild paint job. Those are ALWAYS so 'stock' it would be cool to 'break the mold'. Could you do one within budget? Early RAMBLER, modern V8, customized, different! Tough to get them 'old school' rides to 'handle' though, no, for me, GREAT handling is a must.

Always did love the English cars, I've had several. MGC, with the 6 cylinder might be nice, never had one. Triumphs? What years, models? I don't know, they were all 'down on power' for what I want now.

I know, an Austin Healey 3000 with the BIG 6!!! Uh, I sold that one, been there done that, didn't have enough power. Hey, maybe a replica Healey with a V8? But then, why I don't I just keep my Cobra if I'm gonna do that?

Hmmm, looks like Lotus 7 floats to the top...

34 3 window is a GREAT call. You never see one set up to really 'handle well', but I bet it COULD be done. A Road Racing '34 3 window, with a small block FORD (not another 350 Chev V8 PLEASE)! Lowered, fat tires front and rear. Would that work, or would it be 'to weird' set up that way?

Last edited by Excaliber; 06-05-2006 at 11:50 PM..