View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

I'll start this off by saying that I want a Cobra so bad that I'm thinking about selling my Boss 302 so that I can afford one with a somewhat clear conscience. And I have to say that I love my stroker Boss! Now would you guys please stop writing about a supposed Cobra/ Harley connection? It’s likely to kill my desire to own a Cobra! I've owned and ridden motorcycles continuously since I was 13, I'm 45 now. The closest that I've ever come to owning an actual "Harley" is my current Buell Ulysses. I've always been more about performance than bling and even now, in my graying time, I still am. That seems to be my rub with the whole Harley/Cobra thing. Harleys might be cool for the bling factor but from a performance point of view most of them are absolute dogs. I know that there are alot of Cobras with a high bling factor as well, but just about any Cobra does more than just get loud when you stick the throttle to it. It's the nature of the beast. I look at most Harleys and their riders and what I see is an inexperienced motorcyclist seduced by rhetoric into buying and riding what is essentially nothing more than "a** jewelry." Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone riding whatever they want to ride. What I have a problem with is some balding, bandana wearing, a**less chaps toting, wanabe bada**, who's only had one bike for one month and thinks he knows it all. Trust me, there are way too many of them out there right now. You'll recognize them by the way that they'll only wave to other Harley riders (not even to us second cousin Buell guys) and by the way that they drag both feet on the ground for 30' when leaving a stop because they are afraid they'll fall over. Just low performance riders on low performance bikes. Gives me the heeby jeebys just thinking about it. To all you riders who’ve been riding for a while, wave to all other bikers and don’t drag your feet on the ground, you are exempt from my ramble. You guys are cool even if you do ride a slow bling wagon! When I have these kinds of thoughts then I see someone write about how the Harley guys think that their Cobra is cool, I think WGAF? I mean, is it cool to you? And, does is draw members of the opposite sex in from surrounding counties? If the answer is yes to these questions, then I’m good no matter what the Harley guys think.