View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Old Dog,

Five years ago, I did exactly what you're doing this year. I found out about the show by accident about a month prior and decided to go check it out and compare cars. I arrived Friday night and left Saturday afterrnoon. Saturday is the best single day to see all the cars in one place, plus whichever vendors show up in London. If you can make it there for Friday night, the area around the three hotels is like a Cobra anthill: you'll see and hear Cobras coming and going constantly and it will be easier to locate the owner of a particular car. If you do see a car you'd like to know more about, I'd suggest leaving a note with your cell phone # under the windshield wiper and ask that the owner give you a ring back. There'll undoubtedly be some one-occupant cars in the parade into London so you might see whether you can make arrangements to hitch a ride in the parade. WV66AC ws right about the "sensory overload" part.

If you just park your car and start walking around, you'll find plenty of people to talk to but you're welcome to EM or PM me for contact info if you like. I'll be there with a bunch of people from the northern Illinois area, with cars by lots of different manufacturers and some very interesting "fringe element" powerplants, if they show up.

Lowell