View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 351W
Not Ranked     

I just returned from the WSP inspection station in Spokane. They had the rule book out and followed the kit car page to the letter. They labeled it exactly as it was worded on my MSO. They called it a KITV that is a replica of a 1967 Shelby Cobra. The rule book says that all kit vehicles must include the word "replica". I asked about replicas as opposed to kit cars, and they couldn't find anything in the book about replicas, just kit vehicles.

They spent a few minutes verifying numbers and quite a bit of time going through all of my receipts since I had no donor car. They recorded invoice numbers of the major components and stamped them.

Of course they took some of pictures and sent them around to coworkers across the state. Apparently they don't get so see many very nice cars there. After a couple of phone calls, they let me choose the model year between the date on the MSO '03 and this year '06. The rule book says they can do that. The model year just can't be anything before what is on the MSO. I chose this year as it gives me a full 5 years before I have to go through the emission process.

On the emission thing, they recommended that I go to a test station before I have to get tested and talk to the manager about what I have. Apparently they will work with you. I asked about out of state cars, and they said that the WSP doesn't have anything to do with them. It is all up to the Dept. of Licensing.

All in all my WSP experience was pleasant. The fellas there were very professional and nice. I'm off to the Dept of Licensing tomorrow. We'll see what that brings.

Sydney