View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Angry Aahhhggghhhhh

Rick was on the right track I think......

I pulled all the plugs and did a compression test starting on passenger side. No compression reading on #2, 70 lbs on #1

Checked other side, similar results.

So, I started with the idea that I set the lash on the valves too tight. After all it is hydraulic and the lifters weren't pressuirzed I assume.

So started with passenger side and re-set the lash and it did appear that may have been part of the problem as the push rods came up noticably when I loosed the rocker arm stud to reset it.

So, I'm thinking ta-da - this was easy......... not so fast my friend!!!

I'm bumping the engine over with a remote starter to get the valves in position to set them, when (picture the scene where the alien jumps out of the guy's stomach) water spurts out of #2 plug hole. Not the gusher like before but at least 3-4 tablespoon lets say.

So, I finish setting the valves anyway and run compression on #4 - i get 60 lbs - way too low. Same on #1.

Too pizzed to even try the driver side so will do that tomorrow.

I guess I have a leaky something on the passenger side. Could it be:

- I didn't get the head gasket sealed good?
- The 1966 aluminum police interceptor intake has sprung a leak from the overheat?
- Intake gasket leak?
- A really nasty gremlin taking a pee inside my cylinder!!!!

BTW - the funny whining sound from the starter was the engine turning over with no compression!!!!

This is killing me.......I'm gonna sell it and buy a Corvette if something good doesn't happen soon!!!!!