View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra-less for now..
Not Ranked     

Bernie

Better be careful that the "Cruise Director" does not learn of the $ spent on that push bike! I have been thinking about the bike thing as well, but as it was 109 yesterday with about 40% humidity, the urge passed.
My Mustang will be back this week - finally - and it looks like it is ready for Pebble Beach under the hood.. once again, I don't let on to Nancy the true cost. She said to me the other day, " I hope you didn't spend something stupid like $3,000- or anything" .
Right. A new GT40 crate motor, a toploader and all the linkage, bellhousing clutch and flywheel and labour to convert from auto, Boss 302 front brakes on the rear, 4 pistons on the front, a differential and housing for the 9 inch, a panhard road, an aluminium radiator, new distributor, victor jr. intake, holley 780 cfm carb, new 6AL MSD and coil, a tachometer, a race roll cage, new race seats, a Shelby steering linkage, new master cylinder and complete brake line change, a new electric fuel pump and all the other stuff I can't remember plus paying a real expert to assemble and install all of this.

I can honestly say, "No Baby, it wasn't anywhere near $3000-!"

I suggest you take the same tack with Anne...

Steve

I'll post some pics next week - you will be stunned. The person doing the work has restored two of the 6 Daytona Coupes and numerous real GT40's.