View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FWIW I have been researching how to setup the IRS. I plan on using Rorty as general directions. I plan on using Stock Car Products links which are DOM and threaded for 3/4 rod ends. I like and will probably use Rock Krawler rod ends which have a 14 mm trunion bolt but they have a 10mm sleeve for them.

$30.00 Per Assembly for 3/4 Shank
+/- 20 degrees
60,000 Pound Radial Load Capacity
8,800 Pound Axial Load Capacity
Rebuild Kits $5.00 (New Poly Races)
Fits Clevis widths of 2.375"
14 mm Bore

I also believe I have found a cheap way to put spherical bearings in the spindle. Currie makes a johnnie joint which is a sleeve that looks like it would be a direct fit into the spindle.

2" Johnny Joint w/ Greaseable bolt
2 x 1.5 shell
2 trunion

CE-9112 Our Price: $37.95

Description: For fabricators and suspension system builders. Currie's Johnny Joints offer 30 degrees of unrestricted movement in any direction as compared to 22 degrees on a common heim joint. The bushings in the Johnny Joint rod ends are made with a high-density, "tough 88" urethane that encases the inner ball. It is a very durable material, and is impervious to weather. The special ball is heat-treated steel for extra strength, and is cross-drilled for thru-bolt lubrication. The outer shell is .180" DOM tubing, and the retaining washers are heat-treated steel. This 2" joint also includes a 7/16" greasable thru-bolt.
Unit of Measure: Each

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...nnyjoints.aspx

Last edited by hssss; 07-04-2006 at 11:58 PM..