Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

From my experience in QLD, Cobra's sell for more than the sum of their parts. So if you build a Cobra yourself, you can generally at a minimum get your money back if you sell, even years later. Forget about getting your labour back, it's definitely a labour of love.

Professionally built Cobra's with labour charge etc, tend to sell for less than total cost to build them.

It's easier to get your money back at the lower end of the scale. If you go over the top with the build, it will be harder to get your money back. Cheap Cobra's are easy to sell, expensive ones are a lot more difficult to sell.

Also if you style your Cobra so that it has a limited audience, that will hurt resale value.

There are always exceptions to the rule.

One thing I keep in mind is that there are always a limited number of Cobra enthusiasts. There are plenty of people with means and enthusiasm for owning a Cobra, but in the higher price ranges there are also plenty of other nice sports cars to purchase.

You would expect carby based cars to be increasing in value as they can no longer be approved. This doesn't seem to be the case...yet.

Now don't even get me started on GT40 values...

Last edited by 400TT; 06-28-2006 at 03:46 PM..