View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

And you think people argue about BB vs SB! This is the main point of contention 5.0 vs 5.7. Unless you have tot use an 8.2 deck height Windsor due to smog or class restrictions you are always better off to start off with a 9.2 or 9.5 deck block. The 5.0 has several limitations that can creep up even at stock levels http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=27451 they break blocks, break cranks, and the deck moves because it is too thin so they blow head gaskets. I have a 93 Cobra with 105k, I put all but 10k on it, that has never had a wrench on it and still has the traction limited feature. It still has the original clutch and transmission untouched it is also no it's 6th set of tires. I also have an 88 LX that I bought 11 years ago for $1300 because the kid broke the stock crank in the stock motor into 3 pieces.

When the Cobra engine wears out it will be removed and wrapped up and a 351 will take its place. The Lotus 7 that I'm building will have a 96 roller 351 in it. Lots more could be written but those that are convinced will not have their minds changed. One of the primary concerns brought up is that the Windsor weighs 50 lbs more, so that is because there is more metal where it needs to be, in many cases by people who have bolted a blower on a 302 so it will make about the same power a NA 392 will.