View Single Post
Old 06-09-2001, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Bay Area Local Cobra Builders?

Hi All,

Wow, I'm pleased and surprised to find people who own Cobras in the Bay Area, oddly though, I haven't seen any out around the Peninsula- I'm around Stanford but I guess a lot of you guys are in the East Bay. I was wondering if anyone out there knew anyone local who could recommend a good builder/ mechanic/ or Cobra "servicer". I've been looking into buying my own Cobra and am still not sure of the route to go but I do know my mechanical skills aren't enough to build or maintain a whole car. Do you guys know of anyone who has one for sale locally? Also, can any of you guys recommend a particular company I should look at?

I've heard and read good things about B&B as a builder of solid "budget" Cobras i.e. about $30,000. I've also heard about Lone Star, Shell Valley, and Midstates although I think those get around $40,000-$70,000. Formula Five Racing , I've heard a lot of uhm... enthusiastic opinions of. I'm really looking for a daily driver. I don't really need to go that fast that quickly. ALso, I think the cobra should be made with donor parts provided they go through some sort of quality inspection... BUt I don't know for sure. Any advice about a turnkey daily driver would be appreciated.

I've looked for Cobras in the "for sale" of this forum, on the HOuse of Cobras website, Ebay, CObracountry.com, and few others but I'm wondering if I'm missing any.

OK, thanks guys, Ed