View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Wayne - glad there's at least some entertainment value here. Couple of reponses:
I have thought of pulling the engine, but it's such a pain and I was hoping to fix it myself. Keith has been there on the phone to help.

The belt came off because I hadn't aligned the water pump pulley. i think I left a spacer/washer off the shaft thus the pulley was to close to the engine vs the balancer and alternator.

The engine sieze I think was hydro-lock when the head got a pin hole in it and dumped coolant into the cylinder.

I just took it for a ride and the left side sounds and runs great. Still some missing with the right side and I smelled coolant coming out of the right side pipe after I stopped. However, it could be water that has remained in that pipe from prior issues as I haven't unhooked it and cleaned it out. I also think I may need to look at the valve lash one more time on the right side back - I hear some clicking and clacking under there.