View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cardiac, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Thanks Tom,

I'll have to look through the pile of papers I got from the previous owner that had my car built, but I'm pretty sure there is no MSO. I looked the frame and body over thoroughly and found no number anywhere.

So, you imply that I might be able to make up an ID plate myself but with no MSO would it be acceptable? I could also stamp numbers into the frame and say "There's the only number I have seen" and will they have to accept it? The Mfg of my car is long gone and, since it was built in Canada (I don't think I want to tell MVD that. No idea what they'll do with that info.) there is no trail for the car. There might be another Cardiac owner on Club Cobra so, if so, could you tell me if there is a number on your frame?

This is shaping up to be a real drill and New Mexico MVD in Santa Fe is famous for being dictatorial. I would probably be better off going to another town in New Mexico or Arizona to get it titled and registered than trying it here.

When I called them they said I would have to title it as of the year it was completed. That would make it a 2006 Cobra!!! I'm sure they're going to tax me the max.

I'll try going to MVD HQ in Santa Fe and talk to a clerk to see what they require.

Paul