View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cardiac, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I'm trying to track down one Cardiac owner on CC but his emails come back invalid to I might be out of luck there. I went into MVD a year ago and they told me I would have to register it as a 2005 then because I didn't have an MSO but they said it was the same for all homemade or replica vehicles that had not been titled elsewhere. They don't make you comply with emissions rules if the engine is old, which is the case with mine.

Their description of "Homemade" is a vehicle made from scrap or other matls, shop built parts (incl chassis) and/or parts from other vehicles but may have a prefab body. A "Replica" is one made from a pre-fab chassis and body kit purchased from a manufacturer. For titling and registration purposes, "Replica" is just a term and doesn't nec. mean the kit was designed to resemble a specific historic model or classic body style.

They specifically state on their form that the year in which the vehicle becomes fully assembled and inspected determines the year. I think that is only for those vehicles that haven't been registered elsewhere yet (mine).

It's going to be a 2006 1965 Cobra 427 S/C. How stupid is that? New Mexico hasn't caught up to the rest of the states that figured this out long ago.

Paul