Old 07-17-2006, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Peaks
While the transverse leaf spring cars may be historically correct, I believe what most guys are after is the FIA body,not necessarily the leaf spring suspension.
I've talked to a couple drivers just recently who drive the original 289 FIA cars in historic races and they both said the leaf spring cars are a real bear to drive and control on the racetrack. They both agreed the best of both worlds would be a 289 FIA/USRRC body on a 427 S/C chassis.

My 2 cent's worth is that the 289 is the most beatiful body of the Cobras, but the 427 chassis is much stronger and much easier to tune, adjust, and drive.
I think that if you try to be too original that the car may end up with all the attendant problems the originals had which may/may not be desirable from a sales point of view.
A hybrid gets my vote- use the EVO 5 chassis and have Bruce build you 289 FIA bodies to fit it.

Three Peaks,
Good observations. we have been thinking in that direction as well, but there has been a large amount of people requesting the closest replica available. I would like to get this question set to a poll if possible. We will not be using Bruce's body due to problems on Bruce's side. We now have another supplier and are deciding if we should build the modified EVO 5 frame or the purist frame or both depending on CC member input.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.