View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf 1837 408w 93mm turbo
Send a message via AIM to mike knight Send a message via Yahoo to mike knight
Not Ranked     

my experience is identical to 40k's. i ordered the kit complete and would only pay if it was complete. i used my credit card for the protection and assured street beasts that i would refuse delivery if any components were on back order. i was not fully aware of streetbeasts alleged dark past as my terms for payment would have been the same with any company, no parts back ordered and shipping complete or no deal. and i can only stress that the kit is for the mechanically inclined not a model builder. you should have some basic fab skills, welding, glass work, and tools capable of handling commercial type work. good drills, drillpress, air tools are helpful. know what upgrades would be beneficial such as grade 8 fasteners in lieu of mild steel, insulation between the body and the frame, engine bay linings etc. if you lack some or all of the skills and knowledge then stay close to your local club members and this web site. above all when you jump in have fun and don't put any unrealistic time lines or budgets in your way. it will probably take you longer to do somethings than you planned and i know it will cost a little more than you hoped.
71 torino cobra 429 scj
66 ford galaxie 7 liter
68 buick wildcat 430