View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Also with the MX5 seats we found they fit better if you use passenger seat on drivers side, and drivers seat on the passenger side. Well that's the case in a Harrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra.au
For those prices I would be spending a little more and put a set of fixed back aftermarket race seats.
Yeah, prices are certainly a shock. Aren't all the leather MX5 seats tan coloured?

My take on race seats vs MX5 type seats.

Race Seats:
Pros: Lighter, have harness holes, no sliding & no slipping, have race look.
Cons: no good if you have a large bum, no seat sliders, a lot of shoulder supports will foul door(need notching), no tilt adjustment, less comfortable for long trips.

MX5, RX7 etc Seats:
Pros: Well thought they were cheap, very comfortable for long trips, seat sliders, speakers in head rests, tilt adjustment, have more street look.
Cons: ok for racing, but not as good support, harnesses struggle to rest on shoulders, heavy.

All that said and done, my brother after 3 years of constant racing with MX5 seats is just about to fit a drivers race seat. Always looking for that little bit extra. Will see if it's comfortable enough to drive down to Nationals with, if not the MX5 seat will be used for Nationals.