View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

there have been at least 3 iterations of wipers used on the spf/s. i have an early car - 156- and mine are from a MG Midget ( came on the car). on mine there is a screw on the end of the arm where it attaches to the motor nurled knob. it takes some finess'ing but you can loosen it and remove the arm in total .

getting it back on takes a little more luck trying to get the arm to properly align on the nurled knob so as to not hit the lower frame area when in operation. once you get it positioned you can tighten the screw ( nut inside underneath the top side of the arm as i recall- car not here at the moment to look at it ) and it should be ok. i had to have one hand holding down the arm as i tightened with the other one as it would tend to want to drift off again as i tightened the screw . the nut on lower side is not reachable but locked/held itself as screw was being tightened.

i find the wipers useless for the most part though in rain, a 1000 mi or so of rain driving so far, and use a liberal dose of Rain-X on the glass which works by far the best -at speeds over 30 mph .

i am not familiar enough with the other two styles of blades they have put on the spf's over time , so can't help ya there if you have a later car.

and if you are trying to remove the nurled knob and what it attaches to , then disregard the above and i cant help ya there either. Bill