Thread: Club Plates
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Question Club Plates

As mentioned by Stephen in another thread, at the last Vic Club meeting there was a relatively vigorous discussion on the proposition that the CCCV join the Club Permit Scheme run by Vic Roads.

Generally the opposition to the proposal centered around construction standards and associated liability against the club, as well as a possible deliterious effect on the value of ICV standard Cobras.

Generally those favouring the proposition were keen on the prospect of building the Cobra they'd like too taking into consideration the prospect of limited use.

Another key consideration was the ability to demonstrate to government that the Club(s) can manage the registration of replica cars as part of a movement toward relaxing the requirements of ICV for replicas - particularly Cobras and their Kin (dont we all want a Daytona and a GT40 too ).

Following that meeting I sent an email to about 80+ members (based on the CC list in Tony's emails) seeking comment.

In an attempt to broaden the input opportunities I was wondering if anyone has any verifiable experience with Club Permits and/or any thoughts on the adoption of the program.
(noting that this is a separate exercise to the registration requirements generally)

link to VicRoads page on this topic (hope it works):
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/...100429411?open

Thanks

LoBelly