Thread: Club Plates
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

LoBelly

Whilst I personally do not have a CH plate I am aware of the SR plates - Special Registration plates - that the Street Rodders have.

These are handled by Con Manzaris from Doveton who is a Street Rod delegate and Street Rod Federation member.

Con is the one and only person responsible for the registration of SR cars in Victoria.

For some time people believed that SR stood for Street Rod but it actually is Special registration. I know of one Cobra on SR plates.

Again there appears to be little problem with the SR registration. And we have all seen the Street Rods that carry the plates. I don't think Con would be involved if there was a problem.

The CH plate will give Cobra owners the option of many varied set ups. This alone would be good I think. Also the CH plate appears to be very lenient in what restrictions are placed on cars. The Vee Roads people have come down hard on CH cars being hired out for weddings etc.

If a member is found to be doing the wrong thing then the club will pick that up. If the club does not and it comes to the attention of Vee Roads then the club will receive a letter and a please explain call.

I can recal reading that there is a move to extend the usage of vehicles on the CH plates. Some mention of more weekend use etc. and more days.

Again I think it is a good option. I do not see how Cobras will be of less value if on CH plates.

Mmm now for that Daytona with a 351 carbied motor and a toploader..

Just my $0.02 worth..

KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 07-25-2006 at 04:15 AM..