View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

I would contact all the jap importers and see if they have any. A few years back they were a good source and may still luck upon them.

Then I would try MX5 clubs. A few guys up here have had good success with cheap seats from club members. But I would assume posting on MX5 site would be tapping into a similiar pool.

You could also try the wreakers, but MX5's don't seem to come up much.

Don't worry about the speakers, they either come with them or not. They are hidden in the headrest. All fabric seats I have seen have zipper to open up headrest to get access to the speaker.

RX7 seats are also a very good looking seat, more shape than MX5 seats. The only drama is that they are slightly wider base, but still seem to squeeze into Cobras. Our president has RX7 seats in his DRB.

We were grabbing the early cloth MX5 seats for $250/pair or less not long ago. The importers couldn't move them at that stage.

If you are running harnesses, unmodified MX5 seats tend to push the harnesses a bit wide over the shoulders. No problem if you have wide shoulders though.

I certainly couldn't complain about the comfort of MX5 seats. Driving Harrison Cobra from Brisbane -> Goulburn with 350lbs springs, 17" race tyres and came out of it with a spring in our step. The old DRB with softer springs, 15" tyres and Cobra replica seats was a different story, you came out stiff after a couple of days driving.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-26-2006 at 06:33 PM..