Old 08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4fia
It looks like I'm too late to vote but I would be more interested in a modern suspension. I would also lean towards the EVO5 frame, an "original" looking frame doesn't mean that much to me. Do you plan to eventually offer the FIA as a kit for us poor folk. This might be a lower cost option to Unique or ERA.
Hi lust4fia,
We are in the process of getting out FIA car together. It will be offered as a turnkey minus car only and introductory prices will be around $30,000 for the first five cars. These first five will include a lemans top free of charge. The TKM will not be based on our EVO 5 chassis, instead it will ride on a very close to accurate FIA frame modified in the same way as the USRRC Cobras with coil springs. We are trying to be very close to original with this TKM and will offer dippled and non-dimpled trunks, forward braced single hoop bars and many other features. We will have information posted here on CC and at our web-site later this month. Here are the frame specs posted earlier in this thread:

Chassis will be 289 style, 77mm diameter main tubes, 445 mm center - AC MKII style assembly
AC MK II style Comp Front lower A-Arms
Heim type joints at all pivots
289 Comp upper front A-Arms
Spindles are forged steel
Front & Rear coil-over Bilstein spring shock absorbers
11.00” cast vented rotor hub assemblies w/bearings and seals

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.