Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Here are the facts from Laurie Bongailas directly:

"The RCM (Bongailas) Body was copied from an Arntz (Buttler) shell that was imported in Oz in 1984. The Arntz shell was directly copied from an original Cobra.

Originally the Healy Factory started this but in partnership (at the time) with Graham Docker, Gerry Blackman & Rob Rolland, Laurie Bongailas bought the shell. Later Laurie bought them all out. Laurie then developed a chassis to suite which has largely not been changed since. "

Therefore Lauire's body is and has always been a direct copy of the Arntz/Buttler shell. To say otherwise simply is not correct.

David it would appear that you have issues between yourself and Laurie. I have seen a RC sports car that looked exactly like a RCM; both chassis and shell. Jason Nichols's ex-cobra, which was a RCM was your demo car was it not? I have heard suggestions that that same demo car was what your body moulds were taken from.

RCM has sold over 80 kits and continues to do so. How many did you sell?

Perhaps you should clear the air and state what is true and correct instead of slandering Laurie's name and product.

You might be right, or maybe???

Yes I owned one of Lorrie’s kits, and I thought it was the best think since sliced cheese, how wrong I was.

Look I’ve been sitting here for about half an hour writing all about that body, RC, RepleCar (and buy the way that was my business name), and as I just got back from having dinner with mi kids, and I thought………………….Who the hell cares, I never copied lorries kit, id never wanted to, and I know about 10+ people that know that as well.

Obviously you’re a mate of Lorries, and good on you, but one of his so called mate’s brother in law, painted it so I could copy it (MY BODY, NOT HIS), but as to me copying that thing.
I paid $2000 for the body at Toyospares, and then Mick painted it, for that one of the bodies out of the new mould was his for doing the work,

The only part that was copied was the bonnet, and even that was stuffed.

As to having issues with Lorie, I have none, I couldn’t be bothered.

May be it should be some others to get on with there lives.

NOW, its time to get back to the kids.

Thanks