View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 12:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0427
Sorry for the slow response.........boy you are so wrong, i will go into more detail later, but be assured, that there was no way that we copied that body of lorries.
I never said you did copy Laurie's body. I said that I have seen two examples of your cobra kit whose body and chassis looked just like Lauries. (Don Stafford's and the other car was silver with orange stripes, can't remember the owner's name.) They both looked so similar that I even asked both owners if their Cobra was a RCM. They both said no, it's a RC Sports replica. I asked you to clarify where your body was sourced as I have heard numerous sources that your body was copied from an RCM, just like Bernie stated. I was giving you an opportunity to explain this.

Quote:
I don’t have issues with Lorries; it’s the kit I had issues with, that’s why I sold it.
Please explain what was wrong with the kit instead of just bagging it. Was there something inherently wrong with the design? Was it the quality of the build you had issues with? Who built it? If it was so bad why did you use it as a demo car? How long did you use it as a demo car?

Quote:
I think lourie has issues; maybe he should get on the forum and try to save face.
I personally don't think Laurie has issues at all. All I did was ask Laurie where his body came from. It came from an Arntz, end of story. You brought Laurie into this thread first:

Quote:
even lorrie knows who's body was yoused,

but non-the-less, the body was still %#@#............you know the rest.
I don't think Laurie needs to save face either as you suggest. He has sold over eighty kits, over seventy are registered with a few more, including mine, just around the corner. All the RCM owners I've met are proud of their Cobra's. I've seen some RCM's win show & shine awards and there is usually an RCM near the pointy end at the Nationals - eg Trevor Hill in 2005. I have found Laurie to be extremely helpful, fielding the many questions I have about my build and he has been genuinely interested in my progress. For someone like myself I have found his backup invaluable.

Quote:
As for Bernie, maybe he got fed the same crap for the past 15 years or so.
Why is it that Bernie and others were fed the same crap? Who was behind it and what possible motivation would drive them to say whatever it was they've being saying? Why has it stuck? Have you done anything to promote this?

Quote:
Give me time and ill give the perfect reason as to which kit we copied.
Great. I'm sure, judging by the interest in this thread, that many people would be interested. I'd suggest you keep it factual as you never know who looks at these forums....

Quote:
Maybe some people should wake up???.
I couldn't agree more.

All this banter only serves to divide people. As a RCM owner/builder I have naturally taken your comments about the quality of Laurie's kit personally as I don't have issues with the quality. If you have a genuine issue with the quality of Laurie's kit then I would suggest you seek him out first and resolve it before posting on a forum. I know that Laurie, over the years, has sought to continually improve his kit; including chassis, suspension and body. A RCM today is not exactly the same as it was ten years ago. Perhaps this is part of the reason why this thread continues. It is also another reason why you should talk to Laurie directly as any issues you did have with your demo car might no longer exist.

Last edited by NASSTY; 08-09-2006 at 12:51 AM..