View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

I posted the following reply to a similar thread in 2003 and can't help but feel again the same anger and frustration towards the CT MVD which prompted me to post then.

Quote:
We lived in CT for a total of about 11 years altogether on two separate occasions and it sure seems to me that being an A$$HOLE with an axe to grind is almost a prerequisite for working at the CT MVD. Correction: being a stupid A$$HOLE with an axe to grind. An A$$HOLE of normal intelligence with an axe to grind wouldn't use a freakin' extension cord and a tape measure to check ground clearance! I'm sure the guy who told you it was less than 4" didn't actually know how much under 4" 3-7/8" really is. We did run into a few considerate people at the CT MVD from time to time, but, for the most part, it seems the people who really want to flex their $6/hr worth of authority go to work for the MVD or some other branch of state government.

Conversely, every time we moved back here to IL, I was surprised at how smooth, even pleasant the MVD experience could be, to the point of being told, "Here, Honey, just stand over here at the counter and fill this out, then give it back to me," by the lady with the long red fingernails. Yeah, they did lose my paperwork for three months in Springfield, but the local office took care of me in the meantime, and the inspectors were great when THEY CAME OUT TO THE HOUSE TO INSPECT THE CAR!!!

How sad that residents of one state are forced to provide the entertainment for a bunch of angry, insolent, arrogant, envious pr!cks with chips on their shoulders when those of other states are treated with courtesy and respect.

OK...I'm finished venting. Thanks!

Lowell