Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Dickey
What's the issue?
That's my question!

I don't know if it's an issue or not--I don't think it is, personally.

But I remember someone telling me recently about a drag issue in reference to ERA vs. Unique. I don't remember who told me and I can't find the thread, or don't have the pm any more. In any case, when I came across this quote on the ERA site it got me thinking about the comment and I wondered what others here might say. Here's the ERA quote:

“Some other kits also use the Jag suspension, but because of space and design restrictions, don't use a trailing arm. This puts the lower control arm into stress modes for which it was never intended. With power on and power off, the arm will flex forward and back, changing the toe-in simultaneously. Not great for predictable handling!” http://www.erareplicas.com/427/rsusp.htm

As you know, your car uses a design by a chassis builder for Robert Yates racing. The guys at Unique say that their rear-mounted trailing arms "form a large a arm which eliminates stress on the rear hubs while stabilizing the center section," acccording to an email from them that I just received. I don't see anything wrong or dangerous about the design--it's just unconventional (to me) and I was wondering if ERA was referring to Unique in their quote above.