View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 06:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     
Default 2007 Composite Standards: Reply from DMV

Reply I received this morning from Dan Jalbert <Dan.Jalbert@dmvct.org>. I do not know what is meant by the exempt comment. Jay, any thoughts ?

Don:

I have not been ignoring your request for composite standards however as you can see by the email below , DMV is still working to get the new cut points as lenient as possible,As for the engine,this is not taken into consideration,just the year of completion of the vehicle, Also just so you know composite vehicles are exempt for the first four years after they are built, and catalytic converters will not be required.

You can check back in a couple of months are if I get the word on a change I will email you with it, as well as CTEMISSIONS

Dan

Dan:

Currently these have not been sorted out to our satisfaction. There is a DEP Regulation indicating that the limits will be 220 ppm HC and 1.2% CO for 2006 and newer Composites. We are trying to get DEP to change the regulation so the 2007 and newer composites will be 300 ppm HC and 1.6% CO but have not received a response back to our request for the change.

Harry