View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, Gen3 ls1, Vortech T-Trim, Motec, tremec M12, wilwood brakes.
Not Ranked     

Hi guy's it is not by choice but by circumstance

I have a lot of business and family commitments between now and the end of October which in reality leaves me very little time to get the Cobra back to gether (but still not finished) and I guess the attempt at booking accommodation was the icing on the cake..

I have been doing some serious changes to my car and would prefer to debug it at an eastern creek open day.

To give you guys an idea of the changes that are in progress or (now that I have a bit more time) will be completed by the end of the year:

1. New custom H/D M12 6 speed gearbox
2. 408 stroker (higgins Heads) running 10psi boost (should be finished for Xmas)
3. New inter-cooler @ ALU radiator
4. Power steering
5. New extractors and side pipes
6. New front shocks, springs all round and front sway bar
7. New roll bar with leg that drops into passengers foot well
8. Racing harnesses
9. Ford territory rear brakes (thanks Phil M)
10. And finally I will finish the interior and boot

I also recently employed a metal fabricator that set up (from a basic shell) a couple of the commodores that ran in the Konica series.
He made or installed nearly everything from the roll cages to the pedal boxes and most stuff in between so I have given him the important job of fabricating tubular front and rear "A" arms rose jointed of course. I will be making jigs when it is all sorted but that will be another thread in a few months.
During the exercise of designing the "A" arms I have a good friend who has a few years of racing under his belt in quite a few categories and he has volunteered his experience, workshop and steering alignment equipment to get to the bottom of the CR handling woes.

I will keep you all posted.

Cheers

Last edited by Cobra.au; 08-15-2006 at 04:28 AM..