View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I have a B&B which I like to play hard with and I helped Dean Lampe with his Hurricane and can tell you both are very well built kits. My B&B is six years old and I don't have one stress crack anywhere. The hand laid fiberglass work that Bryan and Barry do at B&B is excellent. There parts are extremely well made and designed by Barry who in my opinion is a master tool and parts maker. Welds are as smooth as icing on a cake.

Now withall that said if I had it to do again I would probably spend the extra money and go with a ERA. Not because they are that much better built but they are a little closer to the original than most others and their re-sale is higher. The folks at ERA produce an excellent product too.

The Hurricane is an excellent choice as is the B&B and I plan on keeping my B&B for a long time to come. I am extremely happy with my Cobra and can attest to the strength of the frame and the durability of my hand laid fiberglass body. To get into a Cobra kit for under $30 K I think both kits are good choices. Another exceptional kit is the Backdraft which I have had some experience with as well. The B&B, Backdraft, and Hurricane all are similarly priced and would give you many years of satisfaction.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"