View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

The engine that we did above would run about 11,000.00 give or take a little depending on the parts used. We build these at about 10.5 to 1 with the Stage 2 heads and Comp Cams hydraulic roller camshaft. We have several 428 sevrice blocks that will make a .020 to .030 bore size. These engine will make about 580 to 600HP depending on the camshaft used and around 600 ft/bls torque. I like to try and be very realistic about the power level. We have built some of the 428 engines with a little less compression and camshaft for customers just wanting to make around 550HP.
To mkae the 650 to 700HP like was asked you would have to increase the compression some and go to a solid roller so that you could turn the engine up. You might even go from the Edelbrock Performer RPM to the Victor intake to get that power. You would also need to run our main girdle because you start pushing the limits of the block. You might even want to go the 427 cross-bolt block at this point. Hope this helps a little bit with the questions. Thanks, Keith