Thread: ERA vs. Unique
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Good Question...

First Facts...I have owned, built and sold a Unique, been very close to several ERA's and bought parts from them, I own a Shelby CSX 4264 and have been close to Cobra replica's since the early 90's, owned four roadsters and one Daytona Coupe, currently have the Shelby and the Coupe in the garage.

ERA and Unique have very different frames
- ERA original style round tube, done with heavier material than original
- Unique custom designed square tube

Front Suspensions
- ERA coil over with adjustable A-arms
- Unique Coil over with spacer adjustments
I modified mine to NASCAR style adjustable upper arm and it made a huge difference in the handling, another local Unique owner did the same.

Rear Ends
- ERA Jag rear or they have a custom built piece that looks great and I have driven one of their cars with that rear end and it is great.
- Unique Jag rear with four coil overs.

Body
- ERA Very original looking
- Unique 427 has a a little bit of a droopy butt FIA car has the same look.

Company
They are both long term successful Cobra Replica vendors and I have had great experience with them both, ethical buisness people. The ERA cars are more expensive In my opinion the Unique custom pallet is the best bargain in the industry.

A friend of mine has driven an ERA and an Unique FIA back to back, both small block cars, both with 4- speed top loaders his opinion was that it was the difference between driving a Chevy and Mercedes, advantage ERA.

I have driven both and the ERA has a larger cockpit and more of a solid feel similar to my Shelby. You should get close to each of them try to get a ride/drive. You will not go wrong with either choice these two companies are the top of the Cobra replicar business.

Hope that helps....a mix of fact and opinion and with these cars it is an emotional decision ---- Hard to separate fact and opinion when you have emotions mixed in.

Good Luck with your decision.

Tony R.

Last edited by Tony Ripepi; 08-23-2006 at 09:51 AM..