Thread: ERA vs. Unique
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 94' ccx33835, Shelby dark blue street style, 428PI, toploader.
Send a message via AIM to NKOTB Send a message via Yahoo to NKOTB
Not Ranked     

It may help to know that the Unique 427 was splashed of of a street style 427 and it's shape has been tweeked a bit for the S/C look. There were slight dimensional differences between S/C and Street style bodies.

Other differences: upright vs. slanted radiator, some framestructural design differences that may not equate to functional differences, bonded vs bolted frame/body attachment (maybe for the "settled solid feeling comments), slighly differing cockpit and trunk dimensions - but they both seem to work for all sizes, & differing roll-bar support placements... those are the only other things I can remember....

Warning: Subjective personal opinion from here forward...

That being said, I went through the whole 9 yards of comparing the two companies cars and I think it comes down to this: More ERA's than Uniques are built with the full tilt BB, toploader, right gauges, carpet, etc... Not to say that there are not full tilt Uniques, there surely are, but I believe that Uniques have more personal preferences in their customer's builds - So if you put a new equally equiped ERA and Unique build against each other, you will likely see the ERA gather maybe a 5% premium over the Unique... I liken this to a Land's End dress shirt vs Polo dress shirt purchase... not so much a qualitative difference, but more of a halo effect. I think if I found a low miles ERA just the way I wanted it, versus building a Unique just the way I wanted it, i would buy an ERA... If new build vs. new build, then I'd spend my money on the Unique. If used versus used, and they were comparable builds, it would depend on service geography, and regional cobra support & activities.

Dude u can't go too wrong with either one. Hope this helps. Please don't flame.

Last edited by NKOTB; 08-24-2006 at 11:21 AM..