View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell

Hi Chris,
I am going to answer these questions based on orders placed by U.S. customers via TTR. You would be ordering through D&D:

Are the throttle cables included?
No, because the length and linkage style depends on the engine. I will add this is the not included list.

Is the ignition components included?
Yes, the harness includes the ignition switch and fuse box relays.

I see it includes most of the clutch system. Is there any specifics I need to know in the selection of a transmission for this to operate correctly?
For the EVO 5 you will need a hydraulic throwout instead of a clutch fork due to the frame clearance.

How about selection of an engine? Personally, I am not interested in a big block. But I want a versatile small block that will take lots of performance enhancements over the years. I kind of like new technology such as efi, but does it make the install more challenging?
The sky is the limit. Personally, I would go with a 331, 347 or 408 SBF or a 4.6 DOHC modular Ford, These engines give you plenty of power and are decent daily drivers as well. As for the EFI, it depends on if you go with a stock system pulled from a donor car or a custom system designed for the engine you have built. There are many aftermarket systems as well that are very easy to use and bolt directly to the top of any four-barrel intake. Here are some examples:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294853151

We supply SBF and Modular engine/tranny combinations so let me know if you need a turnkey engine package. Here is the 4.6 DOHC with a stack system we had made for our display car:

I see the 12 circuit is standard and a 21 circuit is optional. How many circuits will be left after the build?

The 12-circuit unit will not leave any leftover circuits. The 21 will leave about 7-9 depending on your set-up. We used a HayWire 14 circuit unit on a car recently and found it to be a good number. I will be using these units on U.S. cars shortly.

Let me know if you need any more information. I am also always available by phone.

Thanks,

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 09-03-2006 at 04:30 AM..