View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The ride is coming up soon and FYI my cell # is 919-649-8386 and hopefully good old Cingular will work enroute. If anyone is running late, give me a call. We don't want to leave anyone behind.

For those of us doing the breakfast stop in Ashville, arriving at Fontana Dam timely, will be driven by staying as close as we can on schedule at the meet. Please try to be at the Cracker Barrel in time to head into the restaurant at 8 AM so we can eat and get on the road as close as we can to 8:45 AM.

Again, give me a call if you are running seriously behind.

Last year Phillip Deal, because he is familiar with the area, did a fine job leading us from the breakfast meet to Fontana Dam. He has consented to leading us again and can also pull us into the enroute bio break. Based on the pace he set last year we should be ok time wise.

My son Mike and I will bring up the rear so I can telephone Phillip should anyone have mechanical or other difficulties etc. enroute. Hopefully not.

With regard to the actual Dragon Ride, I suggest one of you guys who have done it alot step up and lead the pack. Your experience will add to our safety, which is paramount. It appears there will be lots of Honda Civics, plus the usual bike and other traffic there to enjoy the venture...we want to all go home safely with a big smile on our face!

I look forward to seeing alot of you again and meeting some new folks who share our common interest.

Drive safely!

Bob Jones/Raleigh, NC