Thread: Mig welding
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Where is Jamo when we need him.......j/k

Guys its not required of you to prove you can weld to give advice. I'm sure you both can weld very well.

However back to the original question. I also have been welding for years on all types of materials which means lots of practice, but for someone who wont do a lot of welding and wants to learn the basics I would suggest your local Junior College of a Tech school for an evening class if you have the time. You just need to get some experience doing it correctly. If time is an issue any of the welding equipment mfg's will supply helpful information if you would like to learn on your own. At least in a classroom you will have some sort of a teacher's help, and you will get to weld a lot. If you go on your own it will just take longer to get to level you feel comfortable with welding on your own stuff. Its true that no situation will be as good as the perfect situation you learn in at school. By the way most of the advice given was good and I'm sure very helpful if more information than you needed.

Best of luck