View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

byron w: I'm not sure what you mean by saying the NAF you have is a cross between 427sc & FIA. Can you elaborate? The FIA that NAF brought to market was sometime in 1986 I believe. The basic body construction was very similar as far as the footboxes, fender liners, firewalls etc. The major difference being the styling cues that separatedthe two, such as cut back doors of the FIA, side pipe cutouts, fender dimensions, fuel cap location and roll bar variations between the two variants. The chassis for the most part was the same. Minor tweaking of chassis design and dimensions was left to the imagination of the fabricator and his talents. The basic variant used 74-78 Mustang II donor parts for the steering and front suspension. The rear end could have been an 8" or 9" Ford or with some extreme fabrication changes, Jag stuff.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way