View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Magnum 427 SF, Edelbrock Performer RPM Stroked Ford
Not Ranked     
Question Help me to stop!!

I have been running my UK Cobra for a couple of years now but have never been very comfortable in the braking department. A recent track day at Donnington Park has confirmed this and prompted me to sort things out.

I run a Magnum Cobra with an Edelbrock stroked 302 (342) with 5 speed manual transmission. All up the car weighs 2,200 lbs.

The car runs Wilwood 4 piston calipers on the front with HD series 310 mm vented discs using smart pads.

On the rear I am using a combined caliper/handbrake with single 36mm piston and 270mm vented discs.

The car runs 15" Trigo Cobra II rims.

The car runs a seperate master cylinder front/back with balance bar and no servo.

On inspection the rear brakes don't seem to be working to any degree as the discs are covered in grime as opposed to shiny steel.

If anyone can recommend a set up that would allow me to retain the Willwood fronts but recommendations for rear, master cylinders, servo, discs etc then I would be most grateful. As the car will be used for a number of track days and I am looking to replace the engine with a 418 Coast High Perfomance stroker with AFR 205 heads I need confidence that when I need them the brakes will be there!!

Help/experience appreciated.

Keith