View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

If the event were to move to a smaller town, would it be a big deal to use multiple smaller hotels and have a common meeting place?

If the event keeps growing we may be able to take over a small town like the harley guys do with sturgis. Then we can all wear jackets with our cubs on the back, have crazy parties and let the true lawlessness begin Oh wait we already started that.

Anyway, If we all want to say at the same hotel and have a big parking lot party, going to a smaller town may be a little tough for the reasons Cammer gave.

I think finding the hotel with trailer parking is the big sticking point. It's not very easy to find. I looked for one when I was pres and even contacted the Austin Chamber of Commerce and the Tourism Bureau with not much luck. Some small towns do have that kind of facility but I don't know the austin area so I don't have any suggestions. A place like the Del Lago resort on lake Conroe would be great. Who would have thought a small town like Conroe would have such a nice facility at such a reasonable price. There is bound to be something like that around one of the lakes in the hill country.

Anyone know of anything?