View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithc8
We just finished another FE built with a cast iron Genesis block, Scat cast steel crank, Scat 6.700 H-beam rods, JE pistons, 11 to 1 compression, mild solid roller for engine this size[266-272, .668/.668 lift, 112]. This engine had our CNC heads with the EdelbrockVictor intake and Erson rockers which the customer already had. What was neat about this engine is that maximum tourqe was at 4800 to 5000rpm's and peak horsepower[725] was at 6400rpm's but still made 705 at 6800rpm's. I believe with the Dove intake and a larger camshaft 750 to 760 HP would be no problem. Customer wanted to drive on the street and keep some tourqe in the engine but still make some good power. We have gotten 5 more cast iron blocks in and hope to have tham checked out and ready to go soon. We have three of these sold and two available. We have received six of our 10 Shelby blocks. These are all already sold but have four more shipping Friday and expect them next week. Shelby has been held up by Darton on the sleeves and this has delayed the blocks. I have one of the last four already sold for a engine build as well. Let me know if anyone needs one of these last three, one is a big 4.375 bore and two are 4.250 bore. We hope to have a complete Aluminum Genesis at PRI of the dyno for display. Thanks Keith Craft
How much would this setup cost today?

Do you have either an aluminum pond or shelby block in 428 FE or are they only available in 427 FE?

I talked to Tony today and he said only the 427s are available in aluminum from both shelby and pond, but I remember someone here posting that they had a KC 428 FE all aluminum motor.

I'm just trying to pin down what my motor will be. (already decided that you will build it for me) I Want either a 427 or 428 FE with approx 600 to 650 HP and TQ. It will go in a street rod that will see occasional runs down the quarter.