View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney
FE People,
Just to double-check for a friend, what is the most ideal DUAL CARB setup going these days?... for a 2400lb Cobra with a moderate 10:1 performance FE/390 in it, with 3.25 ratio taller rear end gears and a wide ratio Toploader. The car is mainly cruised around 95% of the time. Car currently has dual 600 Holley mechanical secondary carbs. Seems to be a tad large for this engine/setup and purpose.

Current Consideration:
We are seriously considering a pair of the new Holley 450 cfm #9776 carbs instead with mechanical secondaries. Will probably be selling the Holleys to someone with a more pumped up 427 arrangement.

Any feedback with these 9776 carbs on a street 390 cruiser like this would be appreciated? Also curious if anyone has any before/after feedback with making the same change. THANKS!
When I had a 390, I was running with these two Holley, they made me 100% satisfied and they were of excellent quality. They also worked on my new block: a 482 but they were not the best combination.