Thread: Feeding csx4788
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

The set up your builder describes sounds similar to the way I plumbed my engine.
I ran 10AN hose from the pump to the intake side of the fuel filter, next in line is the fuel pressure regulator, after the regulator comes the fuel pressure guage. From the output side of the guage to the fuel log the line size is reduced to 8AN and then from the ouput of the fuel log I ran two 6AN lines from the log to the carbs. I am feeding this configuration with a Holley Black fuel pump.
With the pressure guage being placed AFTER the filter and regulator I get an accurate reading of the fuel pressure going to my carbs while being able to watch for a pressure drop when large quanities of fuel are demanded (no drop off occoured). This all runs to a dual quad set up of Holley 750's with mechanical secondaries, which holds a constant pressure of 7.2 psi no matter what position the throttle is in.
By reducing line size as you get closer to the carbs it helps maintatin pressure while still supplying a healthy volume of fuel to keep things happy.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by lineslinger; 11-01-2006 at 10:37 AM..