View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Progress Update: Wiring

Since everyone else is posting such great progress pics I thought I'd share some of the stuff I've been up to lately.

I've been working towards firing this thing up and the last thing that needs finishing before turning the key is the wiring loom. I've made it a bit modular and the engine loom is largely seperate from the rest of the loom. It'll have a couple of connectors to seperate it from the main loom. The engine loom itself is pretty much all done with only the main feeds for power and fuel pupmp control needing to be connected to their different relays.

The ECU is mounted in the top of the foot box. I machined up a couple of brackets that clamp it in place. It's well out of the way but still easy to remove if needed. You can see the re routed cabling for the coils in the foot box and their new coil looms. The original loom was all the wrong shape for the new brackets.

The other thing I've done is finally get some plug leads made. They have turned out really good and I'm very happy with the results of the coil relocation. The headers on the motor at the moment are the under body system for rego and they tuck in nice and close to the block.

Hope your all having a good weekend.

Cheers