View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default A solution is hopefully on the way

Shelby is sending me a replacemnt #5 & #6 pipe (although I only had issues with #5) after I sent them images of what I had and explained that it would require "denting" my 2 inch primary collector for cylinder #5 about 3 inches to get it to mate to the # 5 exhaust port. The people I have met and talked with at Shelby in Vegas are great. If it were not for my contact at Shelby (who is waaaay over worked, but still finds time to talk to me on the phone and email me) I would have gone nuts with the wait and the problems I have experinced. In fact he keeps trying to keep things in perspective by telling me "smile - it will all be worth it in the end", which I over all agree with, but after waiting for 2 years and working on the car for a year now (with the help of some one who has been working on and racing hipo fords for over 30 years - infact just sold his 67 gt350 road race car that had sebring and other race history) it is beginning to feel more like hitting my self in the head with a hammer because that also feels good when it ends... Just to put the build time in perspective I am working on it in my spare time, but I do have experience buidling (welding , fabricating, building motors, body work and paint, brakes, ....) race cars and road racing on the west coast so I do know a little about turning wrenches. Like I said, the guys I have dealt with have been great, but I still have serious issues with my dealer and my overall experience.