View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default Has ANYone had a truly good experience with their 4750 series cobra?

Hey csx4769,
you sound like you have had it rough. I am VERY concerned that my differential is now going to have the same problem. I have this recurring night mare more things that should have been fixed will keep popping up. As I have said before, the comment given to me when I repicked my car up in vegas was that they had NEVER seen a car THIS badly screwed up. I towed my car home (thank God I own a 1 ton dually crew cab and a 2 axel trailer and am used to towing my road race mustang) thankful that I had gotten some help from some great guys, but still worried that the saga would continue. Well, it has and it has taken a while to convince someone that maybe the # 5 header pipe I got was not right and that it wasn't me - not that I am not "right" . I realize that most people only go to the trouble of saying anything when something is wrong, which is why I try and give feed back to people when some thing goes right or stands out. Unfortunately I don't think what I have been going through with my car is reasonable. Should I have had to bring my car back to vegas at my own expense to have the frame fixed / redone properly - absolutely not, but the alternative was to get my money back on the original purchase price (not to include any of the other expenses or large amount of labor I had incurred) was absolutely not acceptable. I am just trying to fulfil a dream and get my cobra running and on the road. Will I ever sell it - not if I can help it. They better dig a VERY big hole when I die, cause I am getting burried in it. Do I think the boys in the shop went up to and possible beyond what they could do for me under the corporate constraints - absolutely. It just never should have come to this in the first place. MIstakes happen, but when you are aware of them and allow them to continue, it does not speak well of you or your product. It is like the memo that leaked out of ford with the firestone tire problem that they were aware of it, but the accountants ran the numers and it was deemed cheaper to settle law suit than do a recall. As I stated, it just seems like a lot of peopel have had a lot of problems. I get that these are hand built toys, but .....