View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 11:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     
Default It's now a runner!

Howdy everyone,
Well the big bit personally in using a fuel injected engine is getting it going for the first time.
This weekend was a monumental day for me and the neighbours behind my shed as the LS1 is a goer'.
Everything went relativly straight forward. Battery to orange and ignition to pink, turned it over and... no spark.
Looked and tried all sorts of things, then as all good Classic Revival owners would I rang Mike. He was at the Bendigo swap meet but still found time out from buying that new hilborn fuel injection set up for his lawn mower to tell me to check that the coil packs had 12volts, alas they did not.
A hint for the builders using this engine the coils receive their 12volts form the body module not the ECM. It is however a very good engine imobiliser to cut power to the coils this way.
I ripped the loom apart found the offending disconnected wires, connected them up along with the pink wires and broom broom!
Needless to say it has been started several times over the last couple of days and I am expecting a call from the neighbours soon.

Gav.